Monday, January 1, 2007

 

Introduction

Hello Everyone,

my name is Dan Howery and I am a recent graduate of the University of Michigan. I have my bachelors in Computer Science Engineering and I am now employed at Electronic Arts (EA) in Chicago. My title is Software Engineer Level 1 which means that I will be programming video games. I start at EA in mid January. I have worked on four 3D video games for the PC during my time at UM. The last game that I created (Betty and Buster's Battle Kart) won first place at UM's video game showcase competition. Here are the links to 3 of my games:

Blood Ball

Disc Golf Ultra

Betty and Buster's Battle Kart

When I heard about the Michigan Apprentice program I was really excited. I felt that this program was not only a great opportunity to learn more about the video game industry, but also to network with a Michigan Alum as well. Jeff Sullivan is the alum that I am going to get to shadow for a day. He is a manager in developer relations at Microsoft. I do not know the full extent of what his job entails, but I am thinking that he probably works with several developers and helps them take full advantage of Xbox Live's features.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?