Saturday, January 6, 2007

 

Post Trip

I got back from my trip yesterday. I must say that this trip was just an insanely awesome experience! Everything went off without a hitch and everyone I met was very friendly and wished me luck in my career.

Jeff Sullivan is an Xbox live developer account manager (I think thats the correct title). This means that he acts as a liason between Microsoft and developers in order to help developers maximize Xbox Live's feature set. This can be a difficult task because Microsoft has a very clear vision of the online experience that they want to offer in games on the platform, while each developer has his own perspective of what experience they want to offer.

Jeff's job varies drastically from day to day. One day he will be on conference calls and answering emails and the next day he will be flying to Europe or trying out games to familiarize himself with the products and get ideas about Xbox Live features.

Jeff himself is a really approachable and laidback guy. He definitely loves his job and is very enthusiastic about Microsoft and the Xbox360. Coincidentally, Jeff worked at Outrage games on a project called Rubu Tribe, which I also worked on during my internship in high school. It turns out that Jeff left the company 4 months prior to me starting there.

I'll write more about my awesome trip later.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?